Budget Planning Templates and Guidelines
Annual Operating Budget Planning Template
Operating budget is a vital part of any manufacturing industry because it serves as blueprint to run your business effectively. Operating budget helps you to plan all operating activities of your business in effective way. Writing a successful operating budget requires proper information about the historical revenue and expenditure categories. In order to design a perfect operating budget, you have to consider expected expenses through budgeted period and expected income. It will help you to plan about important places where you are required to spend your funds for smooth flow of your business operations. Allocation of funds for different expenses depends on the nature of your business. Operating budget can be a valuable tool for your organization so design it effectively. Here is a useful Annual Operating Budget Planning Template created by pcubed.com to share with you,
Tips to Prepare Annual Operating Budget
Regardless of the nature and size of your business, operating budget will help you to increase the profitability of your business. For your help, I will share some tips to prepare annual operating budget:
- Open a spread sheet program and choose 12 columns from the top of the worksheet to reflect 12 months of the year. Write details of revenue and expense items to the left side rows. You can take perfect idea through sample budget template available in MS Excel.
- It is time to estimate total revenue for the upcoming year to allocate funds to different expenditures. Do not forget to assume economic conditions, market trends, revenue streams and growth of your business because these factors has very important role in increasing or decreasing your business profit.
- Prepare a CGS (Cost of Good Sold Statement) to estimate purchase inventory, raw material, manufacturing cost and all other operational and production costs.
- Get the difference of monthly CGS and monthly revenues and you will get a final amount known as gross margin. Gross margin is the amount that you have spent on the marketing, payroll and other administrative costs.
- Take clear estimation about your monthly sales and marketing expenditure such as travel, entertainment, trade shows, brochures, advertisement and anything else that you perform to market your products and services including website, SEO (Search Engine Optimization), copy writing and social networking experience.
- Usually business owners include production personnel and sales commission in CGS so if you have similar practice then do not forget to add it in your annual budget. Consult your accountant to get best advice on it.
- Do not forget to include monthly administrative expenses including rent, utilities, equipment lease, legal, accounting, insurance and other related expenses that are necessary to spend on the business.
- Subtract all expenses from your gross margin before deducting taxes, interest, deprecation and amortization to get a gross figure about available income to deal with business expenses.
- Do not use optimistic approach in business and always underestimate your revenues and overestimate your expenses. It will help you to easily deal with potential shortfall of cash and you can timely arrange funds for your business.
Here is download link for this budget planner template,
Related Budget Templates
- Marketing Budget Planning Template
Marketing budget is the amount allotted to marketing department to spend each year. Marketing budgets are set at the beginning of each year according to the fiscal year of the company. For instance, some organizations start their fiscal year in January while other start in November. Amount of your marketing budget depend on your market position, products and services you offer and how long you are in this business. Marketing budget planning helps you to expand the business of your organizations ...
- Business Budget Planning Template
Commencing a new business requires lots of preparations and planning because these are lots of things to perform and lots of finances are required therefore it is necessary to design a business budget to deal with all business expenses appropriately. Your business budget should address fixe expenses, flexible expenses and startup expenses. In order to smartly cover all expenses, you have to prepare a business budget containing all possible expenses required to setup your business. You have to st...
- Event Budget Planning Template
Planning an event is a crucial task because it requires great amount of money therefore everyone tries to search different ways to save their money and plan event within their budget. If you want to do this then you has to think smartly while spending money on different arrangements of event. In order to arrange a well organized event with all entertainments and facilities then you have to design an event budget. Event budget is the only way to manage everything according to your wishes. Without...
- Training Budget Planning Template
All multinational organizations have separate training and development budget in order to polish skills of their employees. In order to get benefit of the skills of your employee, you have to plan your training budget. Training budget will help you to implement important training programs to enhance the skills and abilities of your new and current employees. It will put a great effect on the performance of your employees and increase the input of your business. You can easily design a training ...
- Wedding Budget Planning Template
Wedding day becomes one of the memorable day of your life therefore it is necessary to throw a wonderful wedding party. There are lots of things from decorations to refreshments and favors that are necessary to organize for your wedding reception. These all activities require enough amount of money and sometime you have to spend your all savings or to borrow money from bank. If you want to avoid any unfavorable situation then it is necessary to plan a wedding budget because a wedding budget will...
Tags: Annual Budget, Annual Budget Planner, Annual Operating Budget, Budget Plan, Budget Sheets, Excel Budget Spreadsheets, Excel Budget Template, Excel Templates, Free Budget Templates, Free Excel Templates, Operating Budget, Operating Budget Planner, Spreadsheets